segunda-feira, 23 de junho de 2014

Starlight

There is a reason why I stare into the night, there is a reason why I linger in the stars.

Every time I look above I see them shining on me from afar. But I see the past, the light that reaches me has traveled through the emptiness, breaking that invisible barrier of time and space in an effort to reach my eyes.

For I am a fool for thinking its for me they shine.

But still I look, far, in each attempt I try to bring them closer but the distance never closes.

So I look above remembering what I once was, just like the stars once shined.

Not that I dwell in those memories not wanting to let them go, It's more that I need them in order to know myself. For from my memories is my future decided, for all those moments that reach me in the present can I look steady to the future.

So the light keeps shinning, just like the stars, and when one is gone quickly another takes it's place. It will be like this until I can see no more, but for now, I keep that light close to my heart, where I can feel it guiding and comforting me in my darkest hours.  Just like the starlight keeps me company during those lonely nights.

Twinkle twinkle little star, I know truly what you are, a memory gone afar, always shining, always travelling, always reaching for my heart.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário