domingo, 31 de julho de 2016

End of a chapter.

In the narrative of life, there comes a time where one must close a chapter. The events that unfolded belong to the past, to a slice of life that only makes sense when looked at together as a whole.

So this is me, closing this chapter.

I started this space with a different goal in mind, at the time I though I had it all figured out, that life had no more secrets to me, that all I needed to do from that point on was teach what I had learned.
Looking back now it makes me laugh how naive I still was.

Five years of memories led me to this post, to this exact moment when I realised what this place has become. It is so full of ghosts, of emotion and sorrow, laughs and tears. so full of memories that it turned into a haunted house, one that I will forever treasure, but it is because of those moments locked in time that I must end it.

December of 2013, a women made a prediction, she told me I would never return to the place I love, it would be a place that I would visit from time to time but my life was elsewhere, my happiness was elsewhere.
From the moment she spoke my mind went in to conflict, in to chaos. I don't believe in fate, or destiny, I don't believe in fixed results, but for the last 3 years I was divided. Divided between my desire to return and my efforts to find again elsewhere the feeling of having a home.

This last 12 months made me realise something, she was wrong, I'm no longer divided, I'm no longer uncertain, I know where I'm going and I know perfectly well what to do when I get there.

This space has fulfilled its purpose, it gave me room to grow, to evolve. It was a space to grieve, to cry for help, to shout all that I wanted to say but couldn't find the time or words.

More than 100 posts, and countless others safely guarded as drafts, secrets I want to share with just a few, or no one at all. It is quite an achievement for me, and I will definitely miss it, but it's  time to move on. Because even though this chapter is closing a new one begins. The final chapter in my life is one I will never get to write, and one that I hope, is still a long way away.


Devaneios do Consciente

September 2011 - October 2016





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário