I love words, sentences, language, meaning.
The act of communicating with another can be basic and simple or intrinsically complex.
The mastery of words and letters takes time and effort, the language is an ever growing beast that never stops, never rests, never runs out.
I started making my own conglomerate of words because I couldn't find them written yet.
But sometimes, we all come across a message, that fits so well in our life you have no choice but to admit it's genius and just let it flow like an open dam over-flooding the river of communication.
This is one of those cases.
I wanted to say something but the words have already been put together, so I humble myself before the genius that turned that thought into reality.
This one is for you, like always, it's not my own words, but it speaks for me.
Imperfect
"
Somethings are better off forgotten
We bury them in places that we really only visit by ourselves
Oh, and you were a version like no other
Oh, they never tell you what to do when all you see is gone
What's the sense in anything when what they say is wrong?
Oh, what do you wanna hear?
Do you wanna know how many times
I tore myself apart cause' you're not here?
Oh, what do you wanna know?
Does it make you feel alive?
I had to die to finally let you go
Stop me, I find myself believing
A story gets rewritten so blasphemy's committed once again
Oh, and you were so perfectly imperfect
Oh, they never tell you what to do when all you have are lies
What's the sense in anything? It's just one more goodbye
Oh, what do you wanna hear?
Do you wanna know how many times
I tore myself apart 'cause you're not here?
Oh, what do you wanna know?
Does it make you feel alive?
I had to die to finally let you go
Oh yeah
Oh, what do you wanna hear?
Do you wanna know how many times
I tore myself apart cause' you're not here?
Oh, what do you wanna know?
Does it make you feel alive?
I had to die to finally let you go
Oh, oh
Finally let you go
"
by Corey Taylor
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário