sábado, 28 de novembro de 2015

My life is my favourite book.

I'm old god-dammit. I was so busy being a kid I never realized I grew old. At some point in my adventure I became an adult without ever noticing it. It's funny, a few years ago an ex-girlfriend told me, "you think you are all grown up but when you get to my age you realize that your view of the world has changed. No matter how mature you think you are you can't understand it right now. You need to wait a few years before it happens." And it did.

My friends are old too, getting married, having kids, trying to keep up.

I made my choices, they made theirs, and I'm sure some of them still don't realize it, but they will at some point. They will wake up one day and think, how did this happened. Well at least that's how it went for me.

I'm old and that's fine.

I have very little regrets about my journey, I'm not even halfway there, I'm almost halfway  through the book of my life and the story just keeps getting better and better. Even now I can look back at the chapters I've read and remember fondly all of those epic lines that filled the pages. It's astonishing how many great characters this book encloses, all of the twists and turns, all of the tears and laughs they contributed to the book. And I'm sure there are a lot of characters that have yet to leave their mark on the story.

It's wonderful how the pages have evolved, how the characters have grown, and it's true you can't have a great story without extraordinary characters in it. And my book as so many of them, some came and went, others came and never left the pages, some might return in the future but each and everyone of them is unique, and I'm sure their story is just as amazing as mine.

But my favourite is my book.

And right now, on my mind one thing echoes, one spark of curiosity leaves me daydreaming on those rainy days. Will my book at some point become part of another book, will it include other main characters. I hope so, but even if it doesn't it's fine.

Either way it's such a great book, it's my book, and I'm not scared of reaching the end chapter, I just hope I can make the ending calm and peaceful, so that when I reach that chapter I'm able to tell all the new readers how exciting and fulfilling it's been.

I hope my book can inspire new reader. Inspire them to write their own books, pushing them to create their own adventure, filled with emotions, great characters and unimaginable twists. And I hope it will be remembered for a while, or who knows for more than a while, so that in that way the story can live longer then it's author, leaving behind hundreds of dedicated readers.

That is my biggest hope, for this story to live on, long after the final letter, that final stroke of ink.has left it's mark on that white page.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário