quarta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2015

To risk it all.

This my first post in 2015 about my life...

A lot has changed in the last 12 months, my new year's resolution from 2013 year took longer than expected, only coming true in 2015.

Since I was a young boy I have dreamed and hoped for this. I clawed my way here, I shredded my existence over and over again to be here, to be allowed, to be free, to truly show my potential.
I cried, I suffered, I learned. I leaped into the unknown, I evolved, I opened my mind.

I can't recall when it was, I can't recall if someone said it to me or if I read it somewhere, but the phrase "If you love what to do you won't have to work a single day in your life" echoes in my mind.

It has been a long journey, full of struggles and barriers, but I enjoyed every last bit of it. I still do, because even though I reached what I had dreamed of I'm not stopping, the adventure continues.

I look back at the people that inspired me,that molded me into being. From the amazing father figure to my closest friends, all of them had a role in my story, all of them were part of it and will continue to be. You showed me how to think, how to act, how to be the person I dreamt of being for so long.

I look back and all I can say is thank you, thank you for being there, for believing in me, for trusting me, for teaching me, for making it possible for me to get here.

I'm finally where I wanted to be, in a place where I can constantly explore, where I can constantly learn, where my actions speak louder than my wallet, my diploma or my status.

I'm in a place where I can meet amazing people, from different backgrounds, with different ideas, with different beliefs but that share a open minded approach to the world.

I'm in a place where I can explore my mind without being classed has a pretentious bastard, a know it all, someone that tries to outshine everyone else.

I'm not in it for the glory, for the fame or for the money, I'm in it to win. To win against myself, to break my limits, to evolve and perhaps to give meaning to a meaningful world.

I had to evolve to get here, I've cut the chains of the past without forgetting my mistakes, I let go of my fears without becoming fearless, I have risked it all when I had everything to lose.

But instead of losing it all, I gained it.

The chance to challenge myself and the ability to take on that challenge without weights on my back.

They took the chains of my wings to see how far I can fly, I'll show them exactly that my limit is only where I let it to be.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário