sexta-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2014

A year ago...

Here I am, a year has passed, a year ago I was waiting in anticipation of the challenges that would come my way. Preparing to leap into the unknown, letting go of all that I had built hoping for a new beginning.

In my quest I had forgotten what a new beginning is like, I had forgotten that in every beginning there is a learning curve, a trial period, a time to let go of it all so you can embrace what's to come.

I did it, I finally released myself from the shackles that imprisoned me to my past, it took me almost a year but I did it, I have cut all the unnecessary ties and chains and I'm finally ready to move on.

I challenged you to follow me, and no one did, because its not the way, its not your way, when you're on this trip something changes, you cant take what was in the past, you have to create what is in the future.

I'm glad I did this, I'm glad that I finally had the chance to set my life straight the way I wanted it to be, I am so glad of the people I met along the way, people that opened my eyes to a new reality, people that taught me that home is wherever you want it to be.

What I take with me from this experience is the knowledge you all gave me, either you are chasing your dream with all you got, seeing the dream finally come to life, trapped in a life that you don't want, trying to create a life together or just simply leaving the fairy tail you thought you didn't deserve. All of you taught me something, and I'm glad I met you, and for me, the only thing I will take from Scotland, is your friendship hoping that it wont fade away with time.

Seems like I'm exactly where I was a year ago, waiting for a new beginning,  but I'm not, I'm wiser, stronger and happier and for that, I have all of you to thank, this time its not a new beginning, it's the next step of my new journey.

Thank you my Glaswegian friends.

1 comentário:

  1. I share your thoughts mate. We've been through similar shit and the people we've met here have done the difference. Cheers my friend! "The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you've come"

    ResponderEliminar