It's almost 4 in the morning, the clock keeps ticking and I lay awake drifting away in thoughts and insecurities.
My mind keeps me awake, unable to enjoy the embrace of my dreams, my soul is restless and my insomnia takes control of me.
The lonely hour, the solitude of the darkness outside, the engulfing silence that shouts louder than words itself.
I don't know why I lay awake, I rather be sleeping, dreaming of better times dreaming of past moments, dreaming of endless fantasies.
So I type, away on my keyboard, trying to reach those who cant hear me, those who sleep away while I lay awake craving for slumber.
I miss the simpler times, when all I needed was to lay my head on a pillow and close my eyes, when all worried about was the silly things in life, the careless things in life.
So I lay awake, waiting for my mind to give up, for my eyes to get heavy, for my body to stop resisting, for my energy to fade away.
Take me away, surround me by the numbness, make me forget for just a few hours that the world is outside, cold, silent. Let me forget all that is wrong, all that is foul, all the keeps me awake.
I lay awake.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário