There is a place hidden between the mist and the rain, a home away from home where when the sun shines it's always brighter. A city filled with beauty, a mixture of green between the grey and brick red of the buildings.
It's a city of new beginnings, a city of warm hearts composed of seducing melodies and filled with ghosts of the past. A cultural pot of customs, progress and weirdness. Where creativity runs wild and kindness is ever present.
This place slowly took me in, beating into my soul the hardships of the past and in the end, like the heavy hand of a caring father, left a void that I struggle to fill ever since I left.
I have travelled far, but with every decision, every choice in my path, this city draws me closer.
There is no other place on earth like it, not for me at least, and if leaving my home-town was hard at the time I had no idea I would ever miss a place so much.
I miss my life there, like if when I left part of me refused to leave and stayed behind. It's my new home, the city I was craving all those years ago when my mind kept telling me leave.
I am thorn apart, between the job I adore and the city I love.
It's funny how whenever I cross that border and that place draws near, my soul feels cleansed, renewed, like all the sorrows and all the tears are washed away. Just by seeing that white cross on that blue background my heart starts racing in anticipation of that place, and it's people.
Because a city is never complete without people, and for me, by chance or struck of luck, I found the people. The people that truly make that place for me.
I never wanted to leave, and I'm dying to go back.
Twice have I spoken this words with true meaning, for one of those times I already returned, for the other my heart still aches.
I'm coming back. The echo of this line doesn't stop. I don't want it to stop. and one day, I will be able to say, I'm finally home again.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário