domingo, 6 de abril de 2014

Pieces of an eternal struggle

In this life, what’s the meaning? Why do we get up in the morning? Why do we try?
I find myself isolated, alone in a dark room. Unable to see past the dim light that shines upon me.
Why does my heart ache? Why does sadness seduce me?

Gently it calls me. I see it everywhere, i see it constantly like a specter that you can only glimpse at. Walking in the background, teasing you, luring in you into its embrace until it can finally get your in it’s embrace.

My heart is soft, my soul is week. I try to block it, to fight it but to no avail.
My mind is weak, my feelings soft. I feel blind, trying to fight a battle that I didn't ask for.

What is my sadness?

I wonder but can’t comprehend. I look in every direction. But still i can only see the Specter.

Its weird, in a sense it looks like me.
It moves like me, it whispers like me, it smiles like me. Why is it so alien and at the same time so familiar?

I hear the screaming smile…

I know… I finally know.

Who you are. What you are. What you seek.

You are me. You are my thoughts . You want my soul.

Take a deep breath. Close my eyes. Embrace it.


Today it starts, it continues, it ends. The battle, the struggle, the despair.

You are my enemy. My enemy is me.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário